Monday, October 29, 2012

About the Audience


Dear Reader,

Who are you?

Really think about this for a minute.  Close your eyes if you have to.  Once you have your answer, you may continue reading.


Over the years, I have asked myself “Who are you?” many, many, MANY times.  Sometimes the answer was “You are a writer,” or “You are an artist,” but the question is not “What do you do?” but “Who are you?” so both of these responses were incorrect.   Once or twice I tried to make the answer “You are beautiful by the world’s standards,” and was miserable as a result.  After answering the question wrong for many years, I finally started to answer the question right.  Maybe you are wondering, “Who IS Megan Taylor, exactly?”  Drum roll, please…

I am a child of God.

You cough.  You read my response a second time.  You are not as impressed as you should be.  Let me say it again:

I am a child of the living God (John 1:12), the Alpha and Omega (Beginning and End), the Creator, the divine Father, the Light, the Savior of the World, the Healer, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the Lion of Judah, the Shepherd, the Holy, Holy, Holy One!  I am loved, redeemed, and adopted by Yahweh!

Consider the implications of what I just said. 

As a daughter of God, I can know not only that I am loved and treasured by the Author of the Universe, but also that I have access to His power.  From ground level everything looks a lot scarier.  From God’s perspective, however, our poor finances, diseases, bad relationships, divorced parents, and uncertain future, are much smaller problems. 

Romans 8:14-15 says,

“All who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”

This is not to say that God does not care about our pain—Jesus experienced our pain while living on earth.  What I mean is that He sees the future, He helps us when we cry out to Him, and He protects us from that which we cannot handle (1 Corinthians 10:13).

I am not the sum of my actions, likes, dislikes, victories, failures, or words…

I am God’s daughter.  That’s it.  Nothing I do can make that more true (or false).  Once adopted by God, always adopted by God.

In Romans 8:38-39, Paul proclaims,

“I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

And in 1 Corinthians 13:8,

“Love never fails.”

So let me ask you again: who are you?  

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you are a child of God!  If you are not yet a follower but want to be one, all you have to do is ask God to forgive you for your sins, acknowledge that Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross (see John 3:16), and ask God to help you follow Him!  If you would like to know more about your Creator, the Bible is the perfect place to start looking.


Ardently Yours,

   Megan



2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete