To help you understand the difference between "normal doing" and the "doing" I did this Sunday, I have compiled a list of random tasks that I completed yesterday:
1. I wore a skirt that was so long that it got caught under my feet when I walked,
2. practiced driving with my dad,
3. Vacuumed the floor of my bedroom (cat-themed rug and all),
4. hung out with a friend I haven't talked to much since 2011,
5. helped my brother make a commercial advertising his longboards using Windows Movie Maker, and
6. ate almost an entire box of Oreo's all on my own (dipped in milk, of course).
All in all, the whole experience left me without much to write about--except for one thing, now that I think of it: when caught up in the simple joy of living, sometimes God's message to His child is simply, "Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)." Breathe. REST. Be thankful!
My Sunday was mundane. Peaceful, bright, happy, uneventful, yes...but a waste of time? Meaningless? I don't think so. I am thankful for the "quiet days" when I can content myself in the delights of God's creation, enjoy doing simple tasks, and rest in His presence. Sometimes my relationship with God is fast-paced, exciting, an adventure, but on Sundays like these, I am thankful for the chance to just relax and share a brief respite with Jesus.
Someday soon, life will be more challenging, exciting...but not now. For now, the turbulent waters of life are still, and I rest in absolute peace in the eye of a spiritual hurricane. May you all find insurmountable joy in the miraculous AND the mundane!