Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DREAMER'S CHALLENGE: Day 7



    Well, this is it, everybody: the last day of Dreamer's Challenge!  No more semi-personal journal entries about Megan (thank the LORD!)...
    Here is my final post for Dreamer's Challenge:


     My dream last night was bizarre: in it, I had a strange disease that caused me to grow extra limbs, and I could not figure out how to make it stop.  It was very embarrassing.  When I prayed, the extra limbs vanished.
    I was wondering if the dream could have any possible meaning for my life this morning, and then it hit me--I mean, literally HIT me--I stubbed my toe (again) on a closet door, the same toe I bust open while running on pavement a few days ago.  I needed to apply a band-aide to my toe to protect it, but the band-aide box in the closet was empty.  Frustrated, I began to despair of finding a band-aide at all, when I finally, at long-last, saw it: one protective sticker peeking its nude, flat body out from beneath a bottle of medicine.  YES!  My first impulse was to actually thank God for the discovery


...and THAT is when it hit me: God wants to heal me.  He wants me to come to HIM for help, just as He declared to me in Psalm 50:14-15 for Day 6 of Dreamer's Challenge, 

"Offer to God
thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High. Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.” 


I am not yet sure how this applies to my life, but now I know where I will be looking for spiritual "band-aides" from now on: Jesus.


heart band-aid

     Final Dreamer's Challenge note: May we all not only learn to be genuinely thankful, but learn to commit our lives--both the good and the bad--into His loving hands, and allow Him to heal our spiritual wounds.


    Ardently Yours, 
    Megan



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the long seven day challenge!!! That last dream was crazy with the extra limbs. I'm picturing a very strange image in my mind right now :) Love how you gleaned the truth about God's desire to heal through the stubbing of your toe and the band aid. Very cool. I'd love to see a separate section just for good books you'd recommend. So hard to find good books-maybe a couple sentences describing the book and the reading level? Can't wait for the installment story...

    ReplyDelete